If you live in the Tucson area, it's only a matter of time before seeing a scorpion or two crawling around your yard. These frightening arachnids can be challenging to eliminate and often find their way into homes around this area.
Fortunately, Conquistador Pest & Termite can help. We are a locally owned and operated business with over 40 years of experience in Tucson pest control, and we know how to get rid of scorpions for good. We'll share with you a few things that may indicate you have a scorpion problem, the dangers they pose if not removed, and the best way to eliminate them once and for all.
How To Tell If You Have A Scorpion Problem
An excellent way to tell if you have a scorpion problem on your Tucson property is to look for them at night. Scorpions are nocturnal creatures and are most active after the sun goes down. Use an ultraviolet (UV) flashlight to look for scorpions under rocks, in wood piles, and around the perimeter of your home.
If you see more than one scorpion crawling around, you likely have an infestation on your hands. Scorpions in Tucson are not social creatures, so they only come together to mate. If you see a group of scorpions anywhere on your property, it's a good indication that you have an issue that needs addressing.
But what if you don't see the scorpions themselves? There are still a few things to look for that may mean you have an issue:
- Small holes in your walls or foundation: Scorpions often enter homes through small cracks and crevices. If it's the size of a dime or smaller, a scorpion could fit through it. Be sure to check your home's exterior for any potential entry points. If you find any, seal them with caulk or another type of sealant.
- Droppings: Scorpions leave behind small, black pellets that look similar to mouse droppings. If you see these near doorways, windows, or other areas where scorpions may be present, it's a good sign you have an issue.
- The presence of insects: Scorpions are attracted to areas with a food source, so if you have many insects in and around your home, you'll likely have scorpions showing up to eat them. Check for ants, spiders, roaches, and any other type of insect present.
If you have any of these around your property, it's time to take action. Scorpions can threaten your family's health; the longer you wait to address the issue, the worse it will become.
At Conquistador Pest & Termite, we can help you eliminate scorpions for good. We'll work with you to get rid of these pests and help prevent them from returning in the future. Contact us today to request a free estimate. We'll be happy to answer any questions you may have and provide you with a custom plan to get rid of scorpions in your Tucson home for good.
The Issues Scorpions Around Your Home Can Create
While most people are mainly concerned with the icky factor of having scorpions around, there are some fundamental issues that these pests pose:
- They can be dangerous: Arizona is home to several species of scorpions, some of which are more dangerous than others. The most common type of scorpion in Tucson is the Arizona bark scorpion, considered one of the most dangerous in the world. A sting from this type of scorpion can be extremely painful and may even require medical attention.
- They're a danger to your pets: Besides the threat, they pose to humans, scorpions can also harm pets. Dogs and cats are especially susceptible to scorpion stings, and the effects can be devastating. If you have pets, you must be extra vigilant about keeping scorpions away from your home.
- Scorpions are simply a nuisance: Let's face it, scorpions are scary-looking, and nobody wants to share their property with these creepy-crawly pests. If you have a scorpion problem, likely, you're not getting a good night's sleep. Scorpions can cause stress and anxiety, so getting rid of them as soon as possible is vital.
If you've seen too many scorpions around your Tucson property, it's time to call in the pros. Conquistador Pest & Termite has been helping homeowners get rid of dangerous scorpions for over 40 years. We know how to find and eliminate these pests, and we'll work with you to create a plan that keeps them away for good.
Why It Is So Difficult To Get Rid Of Scorpions On Your Own
If you're dealing with a scorpion problem, the temptation is to try and handle it on your own. After all, how hard can it be to get rid of a few of these pesky creatures? The truth is that scorpions are notoriously difficult to eliminate, and DIY methods usually don't work.
Here are a few reasons why:
- They're experts at hiding: Scorpions are nocturnal creatures that spend most of the day hiding in cracks and crevices around your home. Only at night do they come out to hunt for food, making them difficult to find and eliminating most over-the-counter pesticides as a viable option.
- They're hard to kill: Scorpions have a thick exoskeleton. They are tough creatures that can withstand much abuse. Insecticides and other chemicals often have little to no effect on them, and even if you're able to kill one scorpion, there may be many more hiding nearby.
- They reproduce quickly: Scorpions can reproduce at an alarming rate. A single female can produce up to 47 offspring in a single litter, and each can reach maturity in as little as six months. Even if you're successfully eliminating some scorpions, there will likely be more to take their place within a short time.
There's no one-size-fits-all solution to getting rid of a scorpion infestation. The best way to eliminate these pests depends on your home's specific situation and circumstances. That's why working with a professional who can assess the situation and create a customized plan for your particular needs is important.
If you're dealing with a scorpion problem, the best course of action is to call in a professional. Conquistador Pest & Termite has been dealing with these problematic desert pests for years. We know all about scorpions and how to efficiently eliminate them from your property. We'll work with you to create a plan based on your home's needs, guaranteeing that you'll be scorpion-free in no time.
The Trick To Getting Rid Of A Scorpion Infestation
Here in Tucson, scorpions are a fact of life. But that doesn't mean you have to accept them as part of your home's landscape. There are a few things you can do to discourage scorpions from taking up residence on your property:
- Keep your yard clean and free of debris: Scorpions like to hide in clutter, so the less there is for them to hide in, the better. Regularly clean up any leaves, branches, or debris in your yard. They're also especially fond of large rocks, so if you have any on your property, consider removing them.
- Eliminate their food source: Scorpions are predators that feed on insects, so the best way to eliminate them is to eliminate their food source. Make sure to keep your property free of ants, spiders, and other small insects. Professional pest control services can help you with this.
- Seal any cracks or crevices: Scorpions can fit through tiny spaces, so it's crucial to seal any cracks or crevices around your home; this will help prevent them from getting inside and make it easier to spot them if they do manage to get in.
- Make your property less attractive to them: Scorpions are attracted to dark and humid areas, so keep your yard well-lit and free of standing water.
Eliminating scorpions is a multi-pronged approach, but following these tips will help discourage them from taking up residence on your property. If you do find yourself with a scorpion problem, be sure to call in a professional for help.
At Conquistador Pest & Termite, we know the ins and outs of scorpion control. We've been in the game for years and know what it takes to get rid of these pests for good. We'll work with you to create a plan that targets the specific needs of your home and offer solutions to eliminate scorpions. Contact us today to learn more or to receive a free estimate for our scorpion control services in Tucson.