What To Do About Cockroaches Inside Your Tucson Home
March 20, 2023
Tucson Homeowners enjoy the scenic beauty of the southwestern United States, quality food, and wide, open spaces. However, cockroaches are a common pest in the area that can cause many problems, and when they invade your home, they can reduce your quality of life.
When you see a roach, you might question your housekeeping skills or run to a store to buy roach sprays and bait traps. But keep in mind that the types of cockroaches in Tucson are hard to eliminate without help from professional pest control for roaches.
Discover why it's so difficult to get rid of cockroaches in your home and the best solution to remove these insects and prevent their return. When roaches are frequently sighted throughout your home and making your skin crawl, get pest control in Tucson to fix a cockroach problem.
Species Of Cockroaches That Can Be Found In Tucson
The insect world is very diverse, and many different species of Tucson cockroaches make their home here.
Some of the most common include:
- American cockroaches - The largest home-invading cockroach in Tucson, these insects measure 1-1/2 to 2-1/8 inches long. They have a ruddy-brown body with a distinctive yellow figure eight pattern behind their head.
- German cockroaches - Look for a tan or light brown insect with two dark stripes running parallel behind its head. They may be small, between 1/2 and 5/8 inches long, but they are the most common home-invading cockroach.
- Oriental cockroaches - These roaches give off a musty odor to communicate with one another and measure 1 inch long. They have shiny black bodies and like to hang around damp areas.
- Brown-banded cockroaches - These tiny invasive pests are around 1/2 an inch long, dark brown, and have two prominent light brown bands across their oval-shaped bodies.
Are you a homeowner that wants to know how to get rid of cockroaches on their property? You will likely need a combination of different cockroach control products and exclusion techniques to get roaches out of your home. You may want to treat your home quarterly to prevent a cockroach infestation.
Cockroaches In Your Home Could Be Making You Sick
Because roaches travel through sewers, in the trash, and sneak into buildings through a variety of cracks and crevices, they pick up and carry pathogens on their spiny legs. When roaches crawl on surfaces like kitchen cabinets, walls throughout your home, and over food, they leave behind excrement as well as bacteria.
Some people are also allergic to cockroaches. Allergic reactions to cockroaches include a runny nose, watery, red eyes, or sneezing. Cockroaches in your home can also trigger asthma attacks.
Protect your family's health and clear out pesky roaches that spread disease and grime throughout your home. Conquistador Pest & Termite provides safe, effective home pest control solutions for cockroaches in Tucson that eliminate these bugs fast and keep them from coming back.
Why It Is So Difficult To Get Rid Of Cockroaches
Even the cleanest home can have roaches if you neglect to treat your property with professional cockroach control services in Tucson.
Here are just some of the reasons it's so hard to get rid of roaches on your own:
- These pests reproduce quickly once inside your home.
- They can hide in spaces that are difficult to reach with conventional or DIY roach control products.
- Roaches may develop resistance to specific pest control products, requiring the use of different solutions.
- These pests can go a week without water and up to a month without feeding, they can hide deep within your home and emerge after products have lost their strength.
What attracts cockroaches to your home in the first place? When you have available sources of food, water, and shelter and neglect to treat your home for roaches, your home becomes a target for area cockroaches. Defend your home and family against roaches by having Conquistador Pest & Termite inspect and treat your home.
The Pros To Call To Get Rid Of Cockroaches For Good
What is the best way to get rid of roaches? If you want to get rid of roaches in Tucson and keep them away from your home for good, get roach control solutions from Conquistador Pest & Termite. Our technicians will inspect your home's interior and exterior before creating a custom treatment to get rid of these insects.
Conquistador Pest & Termite uses safe products and techniques to get roaches out of your home and prevent their return. Contact Conquistador Pest & Termite today to get rid of cockroaches and to learn more about our residential and commercial pest control services in Tucson.