The Easiest Way To Keep Spiders Out Of Your Tucson Home
March 05, 2023
Spiders may fascinate some people, but others may find them downright creepy. Living in Tucson brings people closer to various wildlife and pests, including different spiders in the area. Although some spiders are potentially dangerous because of their venom, most common house spiders are relatively harmless.
Learn how to identify different kinds of spiders that may invade your home and how to prevent an infestation. When spiders are hanging out in your doorway or leaving webs and egg sacs in undesirable places, it's time to contact a Tucson pest control company for a solution.
Types Of Spiders You May Find In Your Home
Are spiders insects or something else? These pests are not insects but arachnids. If you are concerned about Tucson's different kinds of spiders, you're not alone.
Many types of spiders in Tucson may hide in your yard, basement, or attic, or build a web in your front door. However, you're likely to encounter the following arachnids:
- Arizona brown spider - This spider is similar to the brown recluse, but the reactions from its bite are less severe. It is similar in color and has a violin shape on its back.
- Black widow - Beware this venomous spider with a black, shiny body and a red hourglass shape on its abdomen. It measures 1 1/2 and 1 3/8 inches long.
- Brown recluse - It's venomous, 1/4 to 1/2 inches long, brown, and has a dark brown violin shape on its back.
- Cellar spider - Sometimes referred to as a "daddy longlegs," this spider has long, thin legs and either a short or long body, depending on the species. It measures 1/4 to 3/8 inches long and is light brown or yellow.
- Carolina wolf spider - This spider may be dark brown or light brown with tapered legs and yellow band markings. Females are 3/8 to 1 3/8 inches long, and males are 1/4 to 3/4 inches long.
- Hobo spider - This spider loves dark, damp areas like basements and crawl spaces, and stay close to the ground. Male spiders are more likely to bite than females.
When you have spiders everywhere, get spider control for your home to safely eliminate these pests. Trust Conquistador Pest & Termite's 40 years of pest control experience to get rid of spiders in a flash.
All The Places Spiders Like To Hide In Your Home
As a homeowner, you do what you can to reduce your home's attractiveness to spiders. However, there are some key places that spiders will find irresistible in your home. Look for spiders in basements, crawl spaces, or cluttered garages and attics. While some spiders prefer to stay outside and close to the ground, others will thrive once they enter your home.
You may find spider pests building webs underneath stairs, in the corners of doors, rooms, or over windows. Inspect outdoor light fixtures, sheds, and other furniture for signs of spiders. These arachnids love to hide in places that are out of sight where they won't be disturbed.
Make your home less hospitable to invading spiders, and treat your home on a quarterly schedule for spiders.
How Can I Prevent Spiders From Coming Into My Home?
The best way to get rid of spiders in your Tucson home is to call in the professionals for help and use prevention tactics. Besides having your home inspected and treated for spider pests throughout the year, try some prevention tips.
You may find that fewer spiders are hanging around your property if you do the following:
- Improve the lighting on your property, so rooms aren't dark and neglected.
- Remove clutter where spiders can hide, and keep your home well-organized and clean to deter spiders and other pests.
- Clear away spiderwebs and egg sacs with a broom or vacuum and dispose of the contents immediately.
- Seal any cracks or crevices that may be letting spiders or their pest prey into your home.
Remember that preventative measures for spiders are only a tiny part of deterring these pests from your property. Get your home treated for spiders with Conquistador Pest & Termite.
Pro Pest Control Is The Best Way To Keep The Spiders Out
Placing down messy traps, handling sprays, or leaving out powders might leave more of a mess than eliminate spiders. The best way to control spiders in your home is to use the spider control services offered by Conquistador Pest & Termite. Since 1977, we have provided our community with high-quality pest control services, whether you need one visit or multiple treatments.
Our technicians know exactly what to look for and use kid and pet-safe products and exclusion techniques to target spider pests on your property. We warranty our work and can provide an estimate for services. Call Conquistador Pest & Termite to eliminate pesky spiders and to learn more about our residential and commercial pest control services in Tucson.