Help! Flies Are Taking Over My Tucson Home
April 01, 2023
If you feel like flies have invaded and taken over your Tucson home, you need help from a professional Tucson pest control company like Conquistador Pest & Termite. In this handy guide, we’ll teach you what types of flies to be on the lookout for, what kind of problems they can cause when they move in, some ways to prevent them, and how to get rid of them completely.
The Kinds Of Flies That Invade Tucson Homes
There are several types of flies that you may find in your Tucson home, including:
- House flies: House flies are ? to ¼ of an inch long, gray, dark gray, and have four black stripes on their thorax. Their compound eyes are red.
- Horse flies: Horse flies are 1 to 1 ½ inches long, gray to black, with wings that may have dark spots. Their eyes are purple or green.
- Bee flies: Bee flies are 1 to 1 ½ inches long, fuzzy, and striped like bees to deter predators from attacking them.
- Hover flies: Hover flies are ½ to ¾ inch long, and they also look like bees. They’re known for hovering just above plants and darting quickly from one place to another.
- Robber flies: Robber flies come in all sizes, from 3/8 of an inch to two inches long. Some are long and slender while others are stocky.
- Crane flies: Crane flies resemble overgrown mosquitoes, with long slender bodies and wispy legs. Their bodies measure one to two inches in length.
- Tachinid flies: Tachinid flies look like house flies. However, they have thick bristles at the tip of their abdomen.
- Fruit flies: Fruit flies are ? of an inch long with a tan thorax, dark-colored abdomen, and large red eyes.
None of these species should be at home in your house. Get rid of flies as quickly and efficiently as possible by calling Conquistador Pest & Termite at the first sign that flies are in your home.
The Problems Flies Can Create In Your House
Flies in your house can cause a host of problems. Some are known disease vectors, carrying more than 100 different pathogens, including those that cause dysentery, malaria, salmonellosis, sleeping sickness, tuberculosis, typhoid fever, and yellow fever. A single house fly can host more than one million bacteria on the outside of its body. Some flies, like robber flies and horse flies, are known to bite humans. Females of these species must have a blood meal before they can reproduce.
Between the pathogens and the bites, you should know how to get rid of flies in your house. Banish flies from your home by calling the professional pest technicians at Conquistador Pest & Termite to get a free estimate.
Tips To Prevent Flies Around Your Home
Knowing how to keep flies away from your house is often a matter of cleanliness. Make sure you’re keeping your kitchen, cabinets, and pantry as clean as possible. Wipe up spills and crumbs as quickly as possible. Wash dishes promptly to deny flies another food source.
Outside, keep flies away from your house by swapping out your white porch light bulbs with yellow ones, which don’t attract as many insects. Keep your outdoor garbage cans tightly covered to keep flies out. Also, store those garbage cans at least six feet away from your home.
The most effective way to keep flies out of your house is to partner with a reputable home pest management company like Conquistador Pest & Termite.
How To Completely Get Rid Of Flies In Your House
If you need to know how to get rid of flies fast, Conquistador Pest & Termite can help you. We can often even come to your house the same day as you call. When we do, we’ll do a thorough inspection both inside and outside your home. Then, we’ll make our recommendations as far as pest treatment goes. The products we use outside your home prevent pests from moving into your house in the first place. We’ve been conquering what bugs you since 1977 with our local, 4th-generation, family-owned and operated company. Contact Conquistador Pest & Termite today for your free estimate.