Getting Rid Of Mice Safely In Tucson
March 30, 2023
Even in the southwestern part of the United States, pests like mice can enter your Tucson home. If you care about your health and want to protect your property, you need a solid plan to exclude mice.
Rodents are incredibly destructive because their teeth require that they constantly chew to prevent overgrowth. This leads to gnawed walls, wires, furniture, and food packaging. If that wasn’t enough, when mice travel in and out of homes, they leave behind mouse droppings and often spread disease.
It’s critical to safely remove mice from your home and avoid contact with these pests and items they have contaminated. Dealing with a mouse infestation in your home can be frustrating and overwhelming. Have a dependable Tucson pest control expert to help eliminate mice from your home.
Types Of Rodents That Invade Tucson Homes
There are more than a few different types of mice that may invade your home in Tucson. Check to see if the Tucson rodents in your home match the following details:
- House mouse - These pests are gray with a cream or white underbelly with bodies that measure 2-1/2 to 3-3/4 inches long. Their tails add another few inches totaling five to seven inches in all.
- Deer mouse - From their nose to the tip of their tail, these rodents are between five and eight inches long and have a bi-colored tail. They have a brown coat, white feet, and a white underbelly.
- Field mouse - There are short-tailed and long-tailed field mice, also known as wood mice. They have soft fur that is yellow or gray, and they measure between 2-1/2 and 6 inches long, not including their tail.
As soon as you see a few mice in your home, it’s time to call pest control services for a solution. Conquistador Pest & Termite uses mouse pest control products that work fast and deter mice from infesting your Tucson home.
All The Factors That Attract Mice To Your Property
Sometimes homeowners might not realize that they are creating an environment that mice find irresistible. There are more than a few reasons why mice are interested in living in your home or around your property.
When you leave food or garbage unprotected or in a container that mice can access, you make your home a target for pests. Clutter in attics, basements, closets, and garages may provide hiding spaces and nesting material that mice are seeking.
If your home has areas where there are leaking pipes, standing water, or structural damage from moisture, mice are sure to follow. Mice know that our homes provide all of the resources they need to survive. When you have openings and cracks in your home around doors, windows, wiring, and plumbing, they allow mice to enter your home.
Remove factors in your home that make it inviting to rodent pests. And schedule pest control services for mice with Conquistador Pest & Termite throughout the year to prevent future mouse problems.
Five Effective Tips To Prevent Mice In Your Home
Besides relying on professional-grade pest control products and exclusion techniques from Conquistador Pest & Termite, there are some mouse prevention tips you can try on your own, including:
- Keep your home free of clutter, ventilated, and remove sources of moisture.
- Remove garbage promptly and install tightly-fitting lids on your trash cans.
- Seal gaps, cracks, and crevices around your house with caulk or barriers like screens or covers.
- Replace loose siding, roof shingles, broken mortar, or other areas mice can exploit to enter your home.
- Fix leaky pipes and maintain drainage systems to eliminate sources of excess water.
Use these practical prevention tips along with regularly scheduled rodent control services in Tucson from Conquistador Pest & Termite to prevent a future infestation.
How To Safely Get Rid Of Mice In Your Home
Mice are resourceful and won’t easily fall for store bought pest control products. Trust Conquistador Pest & Termite to deliver effective mouse control solutions. You need dependable pest control to get rid of mice and prevent their return.
Our pest control technicians have years of experience handling mouse infestations. We use effective products and techniques to get rid of pesky rodents. Call Conquistador Pest & Termite to schedule an appointment and to learn more about our residential and commercial pest control services in Tucson.