Coronavirus Info: Pest Control Deemed Essential Services
As COVID-19 restrictions continue for businesses, there are a few businesses that qualify as essential services like grocery stores and medical. The professional pest control industry is included in the list of essential services because it is necessary to maintain the safety of public health, food and property.
Pests can spread diseases such as West Nile virus, Lyme disease, salmonellosis, hantavirus and encephalitis. Stinging insects force half a million people to the emergency room every year. Cockroach and rodent allergens trigger asthma attacks in children; rodents contaminate or consume about 20% of the world’s food supply and bed bugs can cause allergic reactions. The importance of the pest control industry to the nation as an essential service cannot be understated.
Conquistador Pest & Termite, as an essential service industry, will continue to service the nation’s food supply, multifamily housing units, homes and businesses.
List Of Pests Of Significant Public Health Importance
The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, and the U.S. Department of Agriculture have prepared a list of significant public health pests:
- Scorpions: Scorpion stings are very painful but rarely life-threatening. Healthy adults usually don't need treatment for scorpion stings. But a scorpion sting can have serious effects in young children and older adults.
- Spiders: Black Widow and Brown Recluse Spider can pose serious danger. Although each can cause serious pain, there have been few recorded deaths by either species.
- Bees: What makes killer bees dangerous is that they attack in big swarms which can result in up to 10 times more stings than a honey bee. Their venom is not stronger than the a honey bee, but a high number of stings increases the venom dosage and its effect.
- Cockroaches: A cockroach infestation can be a serious health problem for any building, home or commercial property. Wherever cockroaches go, they leave behind feces, saliva, and parts of their bodies that they shed. Controlling cockroaches will halt the spread of asthma, allergy, and food contamination.
- Bed bugs: For most people, bed bugs are going to be an annoyance as opposed to a serious health hazard. Their bites can cause itching and allergic reactions, infection, and possibly insomnia.
- Mosquitoes: We control mosquitoes to prevent the spread of mosquitoes bearing such diseases as West Nile, St. Louis, Eastern, Western, and LaCrosse encephalitis; malaria; Zika; yellow fever and dengue fever.
- Ticks: Ticks transmit diseases such as Lyme disease, tick-borne relapsing fever, ehrlichiosis, and Rocky Mountain spotted fever.
- Rats and mice: We control rats and mice to prevent the spread of rodent-borne diseases and contamination of food.
- Lice: Lice are controlled to prevent the spread of skin irritation and rashes, and to prevent the occurrence of louse-borne diseases such as epidemic typhus, trench fever, and epidemic relapsing fever.
- Birds: Birds can transmit diseases harmful to humans. Most diseases spread to humans by birds are easily treated except for the avian flu.
EPA, the Department of Health and Human Services and the U.S. Department of Agriculture does not envision that the list of pests of significant public health importance will remain the same. The most current up-to-date list can be seen at here.
Essential Services To Protect Your Property, Tenants, & Reputation
Pest sightings can degrade your reputation and compromise the health of your tenants. Conquistador's essential services handles your pest control needs affordably and effectively, keeping pests out and employees or tenants in.
Conquistador rises above our competition by always listening to our property managers. We give you access to emergency pest control services, a customer care center that is available 24 hours with your own assigned technician and, most noteworthy, the promise that if a covered pest problem comes up between service visits, we will take care of the problem at no additional cost to you. This is to help you to maintain your business’s bottom line and your reputation!
We Take Care Of The Pests: A Proactive Approach
Conquistador Pest & Termite, one of Tucson's essential services, designs effective commercial pest control programs based on proactively working with property managers before a problem arises that can damage your property’s reputation. We provide thorough inspections and in depth consultations. Our trained experts apply scientifically proven pest control products according to strict industry standards that offer guaranteed results. Our essential services are environmentally safe yet highly effective. Conquistador is committed to protecting the health and safety of your clients.
As a result of our proactive approach regarding the Coronavirus, we believe it prudent to take the following steps:
- Technicians will always wear gloves when they enter a property or business. If you don’t want them to enter let them know. They can still treat the exterior.
- Technicians will be cautious when shaking hands. If they shake hands, they will clean their hands. Please give our office a call if you have any questions or concerns.
Need Help? Get a Free Inspection
If you have any uncertainty about pests and health issues to tenants, contact us. Take advantage of our free inspection, and put your concerns to rest.